WHAT? One day group workshop in Wet Plate Collodion process
WHERE? Central European House of Photography, Bratislava, Slovakia
WHEN? 5th of March 2016
WHO? It’s intended for photographers who would like to start with collodion photography or improve their level of knowledge.
One day workshop costs 150 EUR and that includes all material cost. It does not include food and accommodation. Collodion Manual of France Scully Osterman and Mark Osterman will be available for purchase at discount.
WHAT TO BRING?
All the materials and cameras will be available, but do bring an apron and safety glasses. Bring note book and also a camera or a phone will be helpful to record the crucial steps of the process.
LANGUAGE? English (although I studied in Prague, so my rusty knowledge of Czech might be useful)
APPLICATION? The workshop is limited to six participants, so please hurry by sending an email to Mgr. Veronika Paštékova veronika.pastekova
– Introduction to the processes
– Reviewing historic and contemporary examples of ambrotypes and tintypes
– Preparation of chemistry and cleaning plates
– The making of the first wet plate collodion plates
– Making a portrait with ambient light
– Making a portrait with studio flashes
– Learning how to calibrate chemistry for hot (or cold) temperatures
– Varnishing ambrotypes and tintypes
– Silver Nitrate bath maintenance (kaolin, boiling with baking soda, filtering, adjusting pH,…)