WHAT? Ambrotype group workshop in Wet Plate Collodion process
WHERE? Dolenjske Toplice, Slovenia, EU
HOW TO GET HERE?
Airports of Ljubljana, Zagreb and Trieste are one hour drive from the center of the world. Airports Venice and Klagenfurt are less then three hours drive. Transport from airports is available.
WHEN? 19th, 20th and 21st of August 2016
WHO? It’s intended for photographers who would like to start with collodion photography or improve their level of knowledge.
HOW MUCH? Three day workshop costs 399 EUR and that includes all material cost. It does not include food and accommodation. You receive also signed Collodion Manual of France Scully Osterman and Mark Osterman.
Dolenjske Toplice is small touristic town with spa and wellness centre, so there are three hotels and numerous apartments. Hostel Situla costs about 25 EUR per night, B&B Pri Mostu costs 35 EUR per night, whereas four star Hotel Balnea is from 60 EUR per night.
APPLICATION? The workshop is limited to six participants, so please hurry if you are interested by sending an email to email@example.com
– Introduction to the processes
– Reviewing historic and contemporary examples of ambrotypes and tintypes
– Preparation of chemistry and cleaning plates
– The making of the first wet plate collodion plates
– Making a portrait with ambient light
– Making a portrait with studio flashes
– traveling to Celje
– Photographing in skylight Studio Pelikan from 1898
– Learning how to calibrate chemistry for hot (or cold) temperatures
– Varnishing ambrotypes and tintypes
– Silver Nitrate bath maintenance (kaolin, boiling with baking soda, filtering, adjusting pH,…)